CREDENTIALS FOR MINISTERS FROM OTHER ORGANIZATIONS
Minister's from other organizations are required to:
1. Conform to Assemblies of God criteria for recognition.
2. Complete such educational courses as may be prescribed by the General Presbytery for ministers transferring from other
credentialing bodies. This can be accomplished through correspondence with Global University (formerly Berean University).
3. Individual makes a written request be considered for credebtials.
4. Individual returns the completed application and forms with $100.00 (non-refundable) to the District Secretary/Treasurerís office. The
following additional documents are necessary:
(a) A letter of recommendation from a neighboring Assemblies of God minister or the sectional presbyter for the applicant's
(b) A letter of recommendation from the body with which the minister is presently or formerly affiliated.
(c) TRANSCRIPTS: Applicants are required to have official transcripts forwarded from the schools where they have received their
Bible training to the District Secretary Treasurerís office. Applicants who have not completed a course on ďAG History,
Missions & GovernanceĒ or its equivalent must do so prior to the interview.
(d) REFERENCES: References from several individuals will be requested. Provide complete addresses. It is preferred that
the ministers used for references be ordained Assemblies of God ministers. Do not use a sectional presbyter or district
official since they serve on the District Credentials Committee.
5. After the application has been processed and the fee has been received by the District Secretary/Treasurerís office, the
applicant will be advised to contact his/her Sectional Presbyter to make arrangements for taking the examination. The examination
is taken in the presence of the sectional presbyter. Applicants may bring the General Council and District Council Constitutions
and Bylaws and their Bible (text) only. Section I. Doctrine and Theology can be taken with the use of the Bible (text) only. The
Bible (text), the General Council Constitution and Bylaws and the District Council Constitution and Bylaws may be used when taking
the remainder of the exam. Once Section I is completed and Section II started, you are not to go back to or refer back to Section I.
The exam must be completed prior to the interview with the District Credentials Committee (comprised of District Executive Officers
and Sectional Presbyter.)
6. The District Secretary/Treasurerís office will schedule the applicant (and spouse) for an interview with the District
7. Candidates will receive credentials at the final discretion of the General Council Credentials Committee based upon the
recommendation of the District Credentials Committee. The recommendation is based upon the completion of basic educational
requirements, satisfactory application requirements, a passing grade on the examination and satisfactory personal interviews.
8. It should also be noted that ministers who receive Assemblies of God recognition shall relinquish their ministerial
credentials with any other organization.
9. Applicants who do not complete the credentialing process within one (1) year forfeit their application fees and must
re-complete the entire application process and re-pay all application fees.